Well that was fun. 6 weeks on the hard at Canoe Cove with Raven and Blackline doing great work as expected. Here is a list of what we had done:
- New standing rigging including synthetic shrouds
- Turning blocks installed at the top of the mast for HF antennas
- New radar arch
- 1280 watts of solar power and controller
- Dynaplate installed for HF radio
- 2 new bus heaters installed one in each aft stateroom
- 2 coats of bottom paint
- Underwater lights installed
- New aft hand rails on both sides
- Stern tie reel mount added
- New holding tank breather through hull
- Propane sniffer and alarm installed
- Sail drives serviced
- Replaced missing sail drive covers
- Zincs changed
- Max props serviced
- Engines serviced
- Fuel water separators re located to a more convenient location
- Rudder bushings changed
- Starboard side rudder repaired. Damage was there when we bought the boat
- Installed new 2 person helm seat
- Re-bedded both secondary winches
- Serviced all winches
- Re-bedded forward bimini stanchions
- Re-routed starboard jib sheets to helm position.
- Miscellaneous blocks and clutches replaced as needed and lines repositioned to reduce chafe
- Ordered new main sail
- Ordered new hard top for the cockpit
I’m happy with the way the arch and solar turned out. Its darn near big enough to be a helipad but I don’t think it looks out of place. We should not be wanting for recharging capacity.
Most of the items on the list were completed but some have been moved on to the new list of remaining items for me to do. Remember a couple posts ago I mentioned making lists. Well I’ve done so many damn lists I now need a list of my lists.
It can actually get almost overwhelming if you look at it all at once. And it can also be frustrating as hell. It seems you can never actually work a single project through to completion without some kind of delay. Trade not available, part not available, tools at home when you are at the boat or at the boat when you are home. You just have to keep reminding yourself one thing at a time. Work a project till you can’t get any further then move on to the next one. That’s just part of the program. So now I have a list of partly completed projects.
The other BIG news….. the house is SOLD. No turning back now. Looks like its payback on Megan as we will be bumming a room off of her for a month. House sale completes the beginning of March and I’m still working until the end of the March. Her place is closer to the office than the boat is so its weekdays at her place and weekends on the boat for the month of March.